Scientific Certification Systems
Marketing Communications Manager
Unusual opportunity for motivated, multi-talented individual seeking to apply your knowledge and experience in marketing consumer-oriented products or services, your outstanding writing and computer skills, and your people-oriented personality to an organization that works to support a sustainable and healthier environment.
Scientific Certification Systems (SCS), operating since 1984, is a nationally recognized innovator in the exciting and growing field of third-party certification and standards development for environmental, sustainability and food safety claims. SCS works with businesses and government entities to improve their environmental performance in the following program areas: green building product certification; environmental life cycle performance; sustainable agriculture; forestry; sustainable fisheries; sustainable flower production; food safety, quality, purity, and flavor; electric power environmental performance, and more.
Applicant should be a highly organized and motivated problem solver capable of working with minimal supervision. Applicant should be detail-oriented, enjoy multi-tasking across a variety of responsibilities, and thrive in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced small company environment. You will need to exercise mature judgment, discretion, and a customer service orientation as you interact extensively with senior company personnel, knowledgeable stakeholders, and important customers.
1. Report to Communications Director while supporting the planning, development, and execution of all marketing and public relations activities.
2. Play a leading role in the company’s efforts to strengthen brand identity and brand management of various programs and services.
3. Contribute to the writing, design, and production of company printed materials, including e-newsletters, fact sheets, brochures and other educational materials.
4. Write talking points for media, web site content, and possibly articles for publication in trade journals.
5. Support the various communication-related needs of customers, including responding to questions and requests pertaining to matters such as national standards, certification programs and processes, certification logo formats and usage guidelines.
6. Support content development, continued enhancement, and maximization of the company’s web site.
7. Conduct web- and phone-based research regarding events, organizations, speaking opportunities, and sometimes technical subject matter.
8. Represent the company to important external stakeholders while participating in public events such as trade shows and public relations activities.
9. Play a leading role in managing the company’s trade show participation, including planning and carrying out logistical details, ensuring coordination between company departments, helping represent the company during the events, and supporting follow-up activities.
- 4-year college or university degree or higher required.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills with established track record.
- Excellent experience managing a marketing campaign, developing a brand, and/or launching a new product.
- 6-10 years of experience in advertising, marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Event management experience such as trade shows, seminars, or conferences.
- Excellent computer skills in applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong ability to work in an effective and timely manner under deadline pressure while simultaneously managing multiple assignments.
- A sense of humor.
Additional Qualifications to be considered:
- Experience in science, environmental, or agriculture issues.
- Media relations experience.
- Desktop publishing.
- Knowledge of database software.
SCS offers a competitive salary, competitive benefits and an informal and friendly working environment.
Please send resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com . Candidates selected for interviews will need to provide writing and other work samples. For more information about SCS, go to www.scscertified.com.
Other ways to contact poster:
Send resume to:
Scientific Certification Systems
2200 Powell St., Suite 725
Emeryville, CA 94608
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
No phone calls.
Reposting this message elsewhere is OK.
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org