The Dont's of Trade Show
Following are 15 examples of things
you should NEVER do while hosting a trade show exhibit...
- Sit, read, smoke, eat or drink in the booth.
- Ignore prospects by forming a cozy cluster and chatting with
- Use the (booth) telephone while visitors are around.
- Leave the booth unattended or leave without informing colleagues.
- Be late for booth duty.
- Close off conversation by crossing your arms.
- Stand with your back to the aisle.
- Say "Can I help you."
- Lean on booth furniture.
- Drink alcohol or eat garlicky or spicy foods during the day.
- Use inappropriate language, complain about the show or about
being at the show.
- Wear new shoes or high heels.
- Badmouth your competitors.
- Let the booth get cluttered, untidy, and unorganized.
- Be unprofessional.